Find out how much you can get!
Structured Settlement Annuities
Are you thinking about selling your structured settlement annuity? If so, make sure you know all the facts first so that you can make an informed decision.
- HOW DOES A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT ANNUITY WORK?
- With structured settlement annuities, payments can be made for the duration of the claimants life. The payments may consist of equal installments, lump sums or payments in varying amounts. In a structured settlement annuity, the payments are guaranteed by contract and tax free. Structured settlement annuities are designed to offer security over many years. Thats why it is imperative that you be able to trust your annuity providers financial health. The payment period of a structured settlement annuity is part of the agreement. When it comes to deciding how your payments will be structured, factors such as present age, expenses, risks in occupation and retirement plans need to be considered.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT ANNUITY?
- The main benefit is that you are guaranteed money at regular intervals. Structured settlement annuities tend to work well for those who would not be comfortable handling or investing a lump sum of cash on their own.
- WHEN SHOULD YOU SELL STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT ANNUITIES?
- Companies purchasing an annuity pay a lump sum of cash in exchange for your annuity payments. The lump sum you receive will not equal the value of the annuity sold. On the other hand, a lump sum of cash can sometimes have advantages, even when the total is less than you would ultimately receive by holding on to the annuity.
If you have a debt that is incurring penalties and interest at a higher interest rate than you are earning from your annuity, it may be a financially sound move to sell the annuity and retire the debt. If you dont believe you will live long enough to collect the entire annuity and have no heirs, a lump sum of cash now may prove more useful than long term payments. If you are missing out on potentially more lucrative investments because your money is tied up in a structured settlement annuity, you may want to sell in order to free up capital.
Selling structured settlement annuities is not always a wise financial decision but there are times when it is the right thing to do. Buysellannuity.com wants you to make an informed decision before you sell. Our team of experts is available to answer questions. Start by completeing the easy structured settlement annuity sales form.